All Faith Episcopal Church, Huntersville, St. Mary's Co., MD

All Faith Parish 1692
All Faith Episcopal Church
P. O. Box 24
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
301-884-3773; fax: 301-884-5074

The original log chapel was replaced by a newer building in 1693, which served as the parish church. This building was replaced in 1766-1768 by the present church, designed according to a plan by Richard Boulton, who also designed the more elaborate church at St. Andrew's. The chapel at Oakville was in use until the early 19th century. Following the Civil War, All Faith Parish opened two new chapels. St. Faith's Chapel, in use until the 1940s, served the growing population in Mechanicsville, the largest community in northern St. Mary's since the late 19th century. St. Mary's Chapel in Newmarket was opened in the 1880s for African American members of the parish. St. Mary's remained in operation until the 1960s, when the parish was reintegrated.

All Faith was modified during the late 19th century. The church was badly damaged by Hurricane Hazel in 1954. At that time, during the reconstruction following hurricane damage, the church was restored more to its 18th century appearance and some 19th century additions were removed. The parish cemetery at the church is large and well maintained. A small cemetery exists at the site of St. Mary's Chapel in Newmarket. The colonial cemetery at Sandy Bottom was partially destroyed by the construction of a more modern Three Notch Road during the mid 1920s. All Faith Church is listed on the NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES.

Taken from CES.

Taken from CES.

Taken from CES.

Taken from The Generator, Vol. XXXI No. 2, Winter 2007-2008, pg 8.  Published by The St. Mary's County Genealogical Society, Inc.

Grouping A

Grouping B


Photograph of Grouping B

The stones topped with crosses are those of the parents.

Cemeteries Page